When I first saw the 2017 Holiday Catalog in Thailand back in July (I know!), I was fascinated by the Mini Treat Bag on page 45:
As if the buffalo check was not fabulous enough, the pink and vellum and gold — well, I couldn’t stop looking at it! So when the time came to design the projects for October’s Inkspiration Saturday, I knew I had to use it as inspiration. Here’s what I came up with:
We made an alternate version in Pool Party, as well, using another pattern in this Designer Series Paper pack.
No doubt you realize that this is the final day to order from the 2017 Holiday Catalog! At this writing, I don’t know if this set, Festive Phrases, is still available. I would get it just for this stamp — and the elf, of course.
Here’s how to make this card:
- Flat adhere patterned paper strip to Powder Pink card base.
- At Big Shot with Magnetic Platform, die cut Heart from vellum scrap. At Big Shot with standard platform, emboss heart with Winter Wonder folder. Applying adhesive where it will be hidden, flat adhere embossed heart to card front as shown.
- On 3⅝” x 2” Whisper White panel, stamp Love in VersaMark ink. Immediately heat emboss with silver powder. Line up corners along marked lines on punch and snip corners.
- Lightly sponge doily half with Powder Pink ink. Estimating where sentiment panel will be, flat adhere doily to card front.
- Use regular tape to adhere a folded piece of sequins and folded ribbon to card front where tape will be hidden by sentiment panel.
- Adhere sentiment panel to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Click the images below to add products for this card to your cart in my Stampin’ Up! online store: