New here? We are an international group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want!
You may also click on the banner at the top of this post to go to the master blog roll for just this hop, which features Eastern Beauty, a set from the Stampin’ Up! 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. If you’re hopping in order, you just enjoyed the work of Lou Kitzelman at With a Bow on Top.
As for me, well, I was pretty sure I would be greeted with silence when I showed this card to my husband because it’s so different from my usual designs. But I was determined not to rely on the fabulous Eastern Medallions Thinlits — so I didn’t use them at all!
I was difficult — impossible, really — to get a picture without a lot of distracting shine from the small silver-embossed dotted circles and Silver Foil paper. In real life, the silver is not so white. It only took me two attempts to get the narrow panel stamped correctly. I can give partial credit to the photopolymer stamps (hooray!), but a pencil line helped, too. I could have done a whole background with that little stamp!
Oh, and my husband actually likes the card!
I’ll let you get on with the hop (the next stop is Mike Funke’s Stampin-Style), but following these links you’ll find instructions and a list of products used. Thanks for looking!
Here’s how to make this card:
- On 5¼” x 4″ Whisper White panel, randomly stamp Large Circle in Basic Gray ink.
- On same panel, stamp Dotted Circle in VersaMark ink; immediately heat emboss with Silver Stmapin’ Emboss Powder.
- Flat adhere stamped panel to Lemon Lime Twist card base.
- On 5¼” x 1⅛” Whisper White strip, repeatedly stamp Dotted Flare in Lemon Lime Twist ink. I used a pencil line to keep my stamping straight.
- At Big Shot with Magnetic Platform, cut one long edge of 5¼” x 1½” Silver Foil strip with Dotted Line die from Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits.
- Flat adhere stamped strip to die cut mat; flat adhere to card front.
- From Silver Foil scrap, punch 2″ circle.
- On Whisper White scrap, stamp Sentiment in Old Olive ink.
- At Big Shot with Magnetic Plat form, cut sentiment with Circle die.
- Flat adhere sentiment circle to Silver Foil mat; adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Click the images below to add products for this card to your cart in my Stampin’ Up! online store: