I’m not sure where I heard this, but I believe that the Quilted Christmas Suite, on pages 4-5 of the Stampin’ Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog, features the most popular bundle from this seasonal catalog. Next week when I’m in Salt Lake City for OnStage, I’m sure we’ll get more information (I think the most popular set is Painted Harvest).
This simple camp card from October uses stamping to create the quilt pieces. The stamps (one with a striped pattern, one with dots) look like propellers. They are easy to line up with the star outline as long as you don’t over-ink the stamps and stain them, thereby obscuring the outline of the image.
I sometimes purposely ink up my photopolymer stamps in StazOn ink so that even though the entire stamp may be stained when someone uses it, they’ll still be able to see the image.
Here’s how to make this card:
- On Very Vanilla scrap, stamp Star Outline in Early Espresso ink.
- Over star image, stamp Striped Pieces in Crushed Curry ink. Repeat with Dotted Pieces stamp in Fresh Fig ink.
- At Big Shot with Magnetic Platform, cut stamped image with Star Outline die.
- At Big Shot with Magnetic Platform, center Quilt Block Pieces die on 3⅜” Early Espresso square (this brown square is the frame, so center carefully). Run it through the Big Shot (forward and backward). Discard pieces, keeping frame.
- Apply tiny dots of liquid adhesive to back of frame cross pieces. Carefully lay frame over stamped star.
- Flat adhere 3¼” Pumpkin Pie square behind quilt panel.
- At Big Shot with standard platform, emboss quilt panel with Quilt Top folder, centering pattern.
- Adhere quilt block to Old Olive card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Knot ribbon under quilt block, using anchoring technique if desired.
Click the images below to add products for this card to your cart in my Stampin’ Up! online store: