This card style is so “me,” and other stampers this month have identified with it as well. I told someone at camp the story behind the design — not the layout (it’s been around), but the color scheme.
Seven years ago I bought the holiday issue of Mary Engelbreit’s Home Companion magazine (sadly no longer being published). It felt as though every time I turned a page, there was something amazing and wonderful and inspiring: home ideas, gifts, recipes, holiday décor. So I kept the magazine (unusual for me), and every late fall I bring it out and experience the same pleasure.
One article showed rooms decorated with pillows and a throw with graphic designs made from light blue, white, and red felt. Unexpected, fun, and still stunning after all these years!
So I had to incorporate that feeling into a card. I hope you see the tiny pearls in each square. And the sentiment on the flag? From my already well-loved photopolymer set, Endless Wishes.
A little tip on aligning the four squares: use the notches on the Postage Stamp-punched squares!
- Hello Lovely Clear-mount Stamp Set
- Endless Wishes Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Soft Sky 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Real Red 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
- Needlepoint Border Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
- 1″ Square Punch
- Postage Stamp Punch
- Basic Pearls Jewel Accents
- Stampin’ Dimensionals