Here’s the way I re-package my Framelits so they stay together and in place:
- Cut the cover sheet in half and toss the back half. (Framelits’ directions for use are pretty intuitive, but if you need a language other than English and Spanish — the ones on the front side — cut them out and adhere to the front.) Mark the number of Framelits on this sheet, since this information is on the piece you just discarded!
- Carefully peel off the Framelits from the sticky tape on the card stock. Clean tape residue from the Framelits with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball.
- Adhere the sticky side of the card stock to the back of the cover sheet to give it more stability (or use a scrap piece of card stock).
- Cut a magnetic sheet (this is from WalMart) the same size as the cover sheet (5⅛” x 6¼”). Peel off the backing and adhere the magnet sheet over the card stock.
- Re-assemble the Framelits on the magnetic sheet and store in plastic envelope. Note that the name of the Framelits set is at the top of this envelope.
- I store these upright in the drawer of a vintage sewing machine cabinet, but **cough** my collection of Framelits is outgrowing my storage!