Today Stampin’ Up! made some huge changes to My Digital Studio. Here’s what they’ve told us:
- We’re changing the name of the software to MDS. Now, you might be asking yourself, didn’t it just change to MDS 2 last year? Yep, it sure did.
- We’re lowering the price! What has been known as MDS 2+ is now $19.95 US/$24.95 CAN and will be called . . . yes, you guessed it, MDS. It’s the same great software and content at a fantastic new price.
- Coming soon: all of you who have been holding onto the original My Digital Studio software will be able to upgrade the software for FREE. We’ll let you know as soon as it is available. (Again, there is no content included with the upgrade.)
There is now only one version of My Digital Studio.
- We will still offer a free 30-day trial version of the MDS software for anyone who had not previously tried the MDS 2 Trial.
- The original My Digital Studio software (not the product line) is going away, including support for it. The free upgrade will be available soon!
- MDS 2 (the software that didn’t have much content) is going away.
- You can still get the software on a disc (item 130647) or as a download (item 130646). Just keep in mind the disc will say MDS 2+ on it because it will take us awhile to switch everything out.
Did you buy MDS 2 or MDS 2+ from March 1-17? Stampin’ Up! will give you (automatically) free content to make it right.
I’m thrilled with this change, as it was hard to keep the version separate. Current MDS users, there’s a software upgrade to version 184.108.40.2064 available right now. You may find you need to start MDS as an administrator (right-click the desktop icon) to check for and complete the installation.
If you don’t have My Digital Studio, this is a great time to jump in. You can put MDS by disc (#130647) or download (#130646) on any type of order and use it to earn Sale-A-Bration items (by the end of Friday, March 22). This product contains over $500 worth of content — I thought it was a bargain at $79.95!
Watch for another Get to Know MDS event from me — it’s a free, no-obligation way to see if digital crafting is for you.