- Spend $50 on any current Stampin’ Up! products and get the exclusive Reason to Smile set for just $5. (Not buying $50 in product? Buy this stamp set at the retail price!)
- Orders may be placed on any order type (customer, workshop, or online).
- There is a limit of one (1) set per customer.
- You will not be automatically prompted to enter the $5 Item Number for a qualifying purchase. Make sure you use the item codes from the table below.
- The Reason to Smile Set is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after July 31, 2012.
- For more details, click here.
|Description||Retail Item #||Retail Price||$5 Item #||Price|
|Reason to Smile Wood-Mount Set||130826||$20.95||131274*||$5.00|
|Reason to Smile Clear-Mount Set||130828||$16.95||131275*||$5.00|
|*Enter this $5 item number after reaching $50 on your order.|
Now about the Basic Black ink. I actually ordered two BB pads on my new catalog pre-order. Wow, were they juicy! I knew some pads were wetter than others, so I blotted the surface of the pad until I could get good detail on my images. The color is really, really black. Beautiful!
What I couldn’t get, however, was a dry image on Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock. Letting the stamped image sit (for days!) or heat-setting it — the ink was still smearing! Well, yesterday, Stampin’ Up! announced that they are aware of the smearing issue on WW and VV. They suggest (as do I!) that you not use the new Basic Black pad until they have resolved the problem.
Now about the card. Maureen Merritt gets the credit for inspiring this simple design. I knew I wanted to use it in some way for camp in July, surrounded by Bloomin’ Delight! This picture is of my prototype using the new Basic Black pad, now put aside. So the camp card will look just a bit different — but will be better to send!
Stamps: Reason to Smile*, Take Care (p. 91)
Ink/Color: Basic Black
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Primrose Petals, So Saffron
Other: 1¼” Square Punch, 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon (Baja Breeze)