There have been a lot of card designs in my studio the last few weeks that have been discarded or put in the “later” file. One of them involved creating a tag from Stamping’ Up! Framelits (Labels Collection). As with “selective punching,” I wanted the die to cut only one end of the tag.
So I started by making sure the tag would be just a bit narrower than the smallest width of the Framelit. Slipping the panel into the Framelit from the front, rather than having the Framelit rest on the card stock, ensured that only the one end would be cut. This is how it looked before I set up the Big Shot sandwich:
The sandwich is the same as usual for a Framelit: all tabs of the platform closed, and a cutting pad under and on top of the material. The change here was that I only put the top cutting pad to the point where I wanted the Framelit to cut, like this:
Although you could run this sandwich through the Big Shot like this, I rolled only until I felt the beginning of the end of the cutting pad. Then I reversed the rolling. This prevented a mark on the card stock from the cutting pad.
I hope to share the finished product with you tomorrow!