Welcome, Holiday Mini hoppers!

Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog HopeAre you ready for the holidays?  Of course not!  But if you need ideas for paper crafting projects using fall and winter holiday products, you’re in the right place!

Welcome to Stampin’ Addicts‘ latest blog hop, featuring the brand-new Holiday Mini Catalog from Stampin’ Up!  I’m the last stop, but if you didn’t start at the beginning, follow the link at the bottom of my post and start over.  Or you may have come from Yapha Mason’s blog and enjoyed her projects using the Holiday Mini Digital Download products.  (Doesn’t that open up a whole new world for you?  Did you know you can use the images from My Digital Studio in other digital paper crafting programs?)

As I did for the last hop, I’ve challenged myself by using only one stamp, this time Leaves of a Tree — the very last item in the mini.  I wonder why I didn’t notice that there are no samples in the mini using this stamp!  Gulp.  Luckily, I knew immediately what I wanted to do!  This time I focused on technique rather than fancy folds or 3-D items.  How many ways could I interpret this image in a card?

To keep your stop short and sweet, I am omitting recipes for the projects — check back next week for the complete stories! Click to enlarge the photos, please.

This Neutral Tree is on Crumb Cake base, but it doesn’t look like it to me.  I embossed the tree using the fabulous new Pewter Stampin’ Emboss Powder (also new in this mini, on page 31) and colored the open leaves in shades of green.  In spite of the ribbon, I think this is a good masculine card.

Debra Burgin Neutral treeWe’ve been doing a bit of sponging in stamp camp lately, so I knew I would use that on a Leafy Trio card with the emboss resist technique.  I took it a step further and ironed my completed stamped images between sheets of blank copy paper to melt out the embossing powder.  There’s no texture or gloss left when you do that, just an interesting finish to the paper.  It’s simple to do; just use a hot, dry iron.

Debra Burgin Leafy trio

I had an idea of using this tree as an overall background image, creating a toile effect.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the images and, surprisingly, the finished half-sheet was a little too precise.  I’m used to forcing myself to stamp randomly, and this was too perfect!  So instead of using it for a panel, I turned it into a tag, topped by a textured monogram.  I love black and green together; now I just need to think who will get this Leafy Monogram card!

Debra Burgin Leafy monogramI tried to resist using fall colors on every one of my cards here, but I lost the battle!  This Sympathy Tree is one of our camp projects for September, with a Thinking of You theme.  (Totally coincidentally, Stampin’ Up! CEO Shelli Gardner is calling for cards in the same theme for her current Creative Challenge contest!)  The background is the very cool Netting stamp.  This tree was also embossed with Pewter EP.  I just went ahead and pre-ordered three jars of it to be prepared for the season ahead!

Debra Burgin Sympathy treeI enjoyed having you with me — I hope you were inspired! You can start over from the beginning at The Stampin’ Bunny and see Rhonda’s projects using the hostess set Warmest Wishes.  Love that this set is designed for a variety of Stampin’ Up! punches!

<<–Previous blog . . . . . . Next blog –>>

This entry was posted in Blog Hop, Projects and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Welcome, Holiday Mini hoppers!

1. Pingback: Holiday Mini Blog Hop! » Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha

2. sue says:

Hard to pick a favorite but I decided on the tag! Black always does it for me 😉

3. beth rush says:

i love that card with the resist tecnique, very nice! and the neutral tree is beautiful.

These are all so gorgeous, Deb! I think you did an amazing job using just one stamp. 🙂

5. Karen I says:

Lovely cards!

6. Carmen says:

Love all the different things you did with only one stamp!!Great job!

7. Trina Caraway says:

Deb, these are beautiful. And I’m going to have to give that batik technique a go – the one where you removed the embossing. It’s a great way to show off this image.

8. Love what you did with this stamp. So many fun looks from a single image. And I’ll have to try that technique too! Thanks!

9. Deb, these projects are just lovely. Love the emboss resist card.

10. Adriana says:

Beautiful cards! I especially like the Leafy Trio – the colors just pop!

11. Amy Bell says:

wow, you did great! Love the techniques and especially the toile projects!

12. Shelley Z says:

Fabulous projects! Each one has such a different feel to it! Love them!

13. Awesome projects! I see I will need to order a lot more pewter embossing folder. Thanks for sharing.

14. Barbara Vogt says:

Every one of your cards is gorgeous! How can you go wrong with that awesome tree. I would love to take the leafy monogram card off your hands…thought maybe it was just for me!

15. Deb B (Debadoo) says:

Love everything you did with this stamp! Really love the colors on the last one, and the tag card is just too cute….hmmm….. my last name starts with a B too! hehehe I love techniques too, so the emboss resists were great!

16. Wow Deb-GREAT job! Impressive variety for a single stamp!!!

17. Thank you Deb for showing so many techniques and creative ways to use this stamp. Using it for a background is brilliant.

18. You got so much out of one cute stamp! I love the white embossed one the best!

19. Karen Kerr says:

You certainly made the most of this beautiful stamp. I especially liked the first, more masculine card, and the tag. Using the tag alone would make a great place card, maybe tied around a napkin, for Thanksgiving dinner.

20. RhondaG says:

Such beautiful work! I love how you really made this stamp work for you! What versatility! I love the emboss re-lift triple circle….so pretty!

The emboss resist card is stunning! I never heard of ironing out the embossing. I will have to try that!

22. Betty says:

Wow! Wonderful diverse use of this stamp! I especially like the first card– that pewter embossing really highlights the stamp. Great layout too!

23. Deb great projects! I didn’t like this stamp but you made it look great!! I love all of them!

24. Jen Timko says:

I loved this stamp the minute I saw it but you have shown such diversity with it! Your emboss resist card is a real wow and I personally love all the fall colors! This set does seem to ask for them! 🙂

25. Kim says:

Love all the different things you did with this stamp!

26. Heidi Baks says:

Love how versatile you’ve made this stamp, Deb!