If you’re here to make a comment and enter the 2011 Flag Day Giveaway, you need to do it on the post dated June 14 HERE. Comments made today are not eligible for the drawing!
Yes, on Thursday. I know.
I’ve made these barn stars before, here. I had to laugh when I saw I had used the star-in-circle motif there also. For that card and the one yesterday, I made the stars with the same masking and sponging technique.
- Punch a star.
- Draw a line from a tip to the opposite “crotch.”
- Move counterclockwise and do the opposite (crotch to tip). Your markings should look like the star on the left.
- Cut out the small triangle that is created (crotch, tip, center).
- Place this mask over another punched star and sponge ink using a circular, rubbing motion (avoid “pouncing” the sponge).
- Repeat on the other four tips.
- Just a little bit of shading creates the 3-D effect!