On the Grow cameo

Debra Burgin 1105 On the Grow CameoCan’t put this set down, and it’s a good thing because we’re using it in camp this month!  This card is for my Colonial House camp.

I know it’s not a cameo, but those two ovals bring to mind a grandmotherly brooch pinned at the neck of a Sunday-only dress.  See those holes on the sides of the vase/jar?  That’s how I tied the ribbon around the image.  Do they look goofy?  I could bring the Hobby Blade to camp to make slits instead, but I’m always concerned about card-making accidents that involve severed fingers.  Takes the fun out of the project, I think.

Announcement:  Congratulations to Terre Munk!  Her name was drawn from the comments made during last weekend’s Stampin’ Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop for blog candy — this set!  I hope she loves it as much as I do.

Stamps:  On the Grow (Summer Mini Catalog)

Ink:  StazOn Jet Black, various Watercolor Wonder Crayons

Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Vellum Card Stock, Watercolor Paper

Other:  Big Shot, Oval Scallop Frame die, Ovals die, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Aqua Painter, 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (Rich Razzleberry), Stampin’ Dimensionals

This entry was posted in Big Shot, Projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to On the Grow cameo

1. Shelley says:

Pretty card! Love the embossed vellum behind the image. I don’t think the holes look weird!

Gorgeous card! I love the embossed vellum! And I’m with you — no hobby blades for me either!

3. Very pretty!! I love the embossed Vellum too!

4. Traci says:

I love the way you tied the ribbon around the vase. It is just too adorable. I haven’t used the vellum with the embossing folders yet, I really love the way it frames the image. Well done!

I love how you watercolored this image!! And I agree, it is an awesome set! This is my favorite image in it too 🙂

6. Love embossed vellum. Puts just the right touch of elegance on a card, I think. Definitely agree with the hole punch versus the craft knife. Unless you’re using the Paper Piercer… Sometimes it just gets messy. I always have a box of bandaids, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, and some triple antibiotic ointment close by.

7. Preety card! And yes, I can see how missing digits or stitches would put a cramp in someone’s style…lol

8. Dragonquilt says:

Yep. Love embossed vellum!!! I think pushing the ribbon through with a paper piercer would have been good –if that’s possible without bending the paper too much. Maybe with silkier ribbon??

9. Heidi Baks says:

Maybe the image is making a cameo appearance? Very nice!

10. Blood is never good on a card! I love the layers– it does remind me a of pin!