Tuesday Tip: Ruffled ribbon
I’ve shared a couple of cards made with what I call ruffled ribbon, here and here. Today I want to show you how I accomplish this effect.
- Cut a length of ribbon, then pull a back-and-forth thread from the ribbon to unravel the end, which will reveal the lengthwise threads:
- Cut off the thread that did the unraveling. Now find the approximate middle of the ribbon and begin pulling one (or two) of the lengthwise threads. I find a pair of conventional tweezers helps this part. Pull the thread with one hand and move the gathers down to the middle of the ribbon with the other.
- When you’ve ruffled about half of the length of ribbon, repeat from the other end.
- Put down a piece of Sticky Strip across the card front or panel. If I want frayed ribbon ends, the Sticky Strip won’t go quite all the way across.
- Press the ribbon into the Sticky Strip, carefully placing the ruffles just so or allowing them to fall naturally. (Personally, I don’t fuss too much about this!)
- Cut off the long thread at each end.
This entry was posted in Projects
and tagged Stampin' Up!
. Bookmark the permalink