Yellow bird

Debra Burgin Mustard birdOf course, it’s not the bird that’s yellow, but I love the combination of deep yellow, cream, and black.  And this bird image is just stunning in black.  I have been stamping line images in Stazon Jet Black because the black is so deep, but when I was at Stampin’ Up! Leadership a few weeks ago, I used a brand new Basic Black pad and was shocked at the color.  No purple cast at all.  So by golly I got myself a new one, too, and it hasn’t disappointed.

These delicate birdcages were stamped in Very Vanilla Craft ink, just as in yesterday’s card.  Just a reminder (again):  you will notice an amazing difference when you heat set Craft ink instead of letting it dry naturally.

This button doesn’t have the brad glued to it, like my magnets do; I pinched the lace ribbon with the brad behind the button before poking the prongs through the stamped panel.  Even with a pretty flat bow, this is a lumpy card.  We’ll see if someone gets it handed to them or it’s saved for display!

Stamps:  Nature Walk*

Ink:  Basic Black, More Mustard, Very Vanilla (Craft)

Paper:  More Mustard, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper*

Other:  Heat Tool, Eyelet Border Punch, Crimper, Designer Button (Regals), Antique Brad, Crochet Trim (Victoria), Stampin’ Dimensionals

*Occasions Mini Catalog

This entry was posted in Projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Yellow bird

1. Jen Timko says:

Another gorgeous creation! I love the Antique Brad on the button!

2. Beautiful card!! Love your lace, button, brad embellishment, and how you stamped the bird cages to make your DSP. Very pretty. Good to know about the new black ink pads. I too have been using Staz-On for awhile because I’m tired of the purple. Even with re-inking the pad, it still looks purple. Guess I’m due for a new pad!

Gorgeous card! The bird is stunning in the black and white. Good to know about the Basic Black ink pads, too!

4. Cindy E. says:

Every element of this card is perfect, right down to the crimped Eyelet Border!

5. What a stunning color combo–it just makes your card sing! Thanks for the heat setting tip, too, Heidi.

6. Oh good grief, Deb, I can’t believe I called you Heidi! Looks like I need to up the ol’ Geritol dosage again. . . .

7. Such a beautiful card, Deb. And thanks for the information you shared here. Haven’t played with craft ink in a while; will have to see the difference you mentioned. And I definitely need to buy a new Basic Black ink pad; mine is the purple vintage and I would much rather use Classic Ink than StazOn. TFS!

8. Beautiful! I love the details!

9. Love it!! WOW!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

10. Chipper says:

Great tip about heat setting craft ink and your card is absolutely beautiful!

11. doris says:

What a beautiful card! Love the birdcages in the background.

Gorgeous!! And you have me thinking it is time for new Basic Black AND Very Vanilla pads! I have used Stazon black for the same reason, but your little birdie is such a delicious black, I may have to change my mind 🙂 I am a great fan of your layered brad, button, bow too!

13. Wow! So pretty! Love the simplicity and the total Wow of the card. Awesome!

14. Just gorgeous in its simplicity!