Welcome, hoppers!

Welcome to Stampin’ Addicts’ latest blog hop — this one featuring brand-new products from the brand-new Stampin’ Up! Occasions Mini Catalog. I’m stop #24, so you may have just visited RunningwScissorsStamper and enjoyed Heidi’s projects using the very manly Plane & Simple.

Here I’ll present some projects made with one of Stampin’ Up!’s affordable single stamps, Be My Valentine.  What a challenge!  My first impulse was to ink it in StazOn and stamp it on my upper arm, but reason prevailed.  (You’re welcome.)

To keep your stop short and sweet, I am omitting recipes for the projects — check back next week for the complete stories! Click to enlarge the photos, please.

1. I started simply, with a classic valentine.  But wait — a black heart???!!!  Maybe the message is, “Be my valentine, or else!”  Lots of Iridescent Ice blings up this card, and the dots add some playfulness to this Edgy Valentine.
  2. Debra Burgin Edgy valentine

3. My second project, Here’s My Bitty Heart, uses a simple monochromatic scheme to convey a sense of class.  I love how the bright Real Red box and button light up the Cherry Cobbler heart and ribbon.  It’s easy to cover the sentiment with ribbon; just use regular tape on the back to keep the ribbon in place while you knot it (or knot it first and tape in place).  May I suggest some pearl stud earrings in this box?
  4. Debra Burgin Here's my heart

5. I’ll admit that I love the look of vintage and collage paper crafting, but it’s very hard for me to execute!  I fuss over every detail — shouldn’t “shabby chic” feel sort of thrown together?  I seriously admire stampers who carry this off so (apparently) effortlessly.  Anyway, I wanted to get away from an overly feminine approach to this stamp.  Stamping Marina Mist on Bashful Blue gives this stamp a sort of denim feel, and I played that up even more by applying lots of Log Cabin Smooch Spritz on the heart (that explains the big blob!) and adding shades of brown.  Here it is, your boots-and-lace Cowgirl Valentine.
  6. Debra Burgin Thoughts of you

7. OK, I eventually had to succumb to the pink ink with this stamp.  This card was totally fun to design.  (It’s 4¼” square, so it fits in a standard, medium envelope and doesn’t require additional postage.)  There’s plenty of bling here, from my expected Iridescent Ice embossing, plus silver embossing and rhinestones — just what you’d expect for a Queen Valentine!
  8. Debra Burgin Queen for a day

I enjoyed having you with me — I hope you were inspired!  You’re now on to the next (and final) stop on the hop, Krystal’s Cards and More, to enjoy her projects using the last set in the mini, Mother of Mine.

<<–Previous blog .  .  .  .  .  . Next blog –>>

This entry was posted in Big Shot, Blog Hop, Projects, Punches and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Welcome, hoppers!

1. Heidi Baks says:

Love the Cowboy Valentine best! You could have stamped your arm – I would have loved that!!

2. MaryR says:

These are beautiful and you executed the style fabulously!

3. Carmen says:

Each project is wonderful!! Some really great ideas!

Look how clever you are with just one stamp! I love the cowgirl one! But really, I want to see it stamped on your arm :)

5. Patti says:

I’m a denim girl so I LOVE the cowgirl valentine! I have a couple of cowgirls in my hostess club and I will be using this card for inspiration! It’s fun to see the variety that you showed us. Thanks so much for sharing.

6. Fabulous projects Debra!! I don’t know which one is my favorite, the Cowgirl Valentine or the Queen Valentine. I love them both!! Great job showcaseing this set!

7. Rhonda G says:

Great job with this stamp! I like the cowgirl Valentine best too, but they are all super cute!!

8. amysings says:

Lovely! I think my favorite is the cowboy valentine–love all the texture on that card! Great job!

9. Betty says:

Whoa- tough to pick a favorite but I think I would have to choose the Cowgirl Valentine. The non-traditional colors are very cool!

10. Jen Timko says:

I am a big fan of the first card but what variety!! And the gift suggestion is fabulous!

11. Well you sure rocked this stamp! One stamp and so many options and I love them all!

12. Cheryl says:

Love the Marina Mist on your Cowgirl Valentine. Absolutely love all of your projects, Debra!

13. Deb B (Debadoo) says:

Great projects Deb! You really did a great job and with only one stamp. I also think you should have tatted yourself with it too. lol Love everything you did!

14. Beautiful projects! I love the cowboy one the most!! My kind of card! lol

15. Beautiful work, Deb. I love them all. The black heart looks really cool and classy. Love it!

16. Kim says:

Love how you used the heart for so many different themes! Gorgeous cards!

17. What a great variety of styles from one single stamp, Debra! Hard to choose, but I think the first valentine has a slight edge. . . .

18. Beautiful projects-every one!! Great creativity and variety!!

19. Jill says:

Loved all the projects but I have to join the crowd and say my favorite is the denim cowgirl card. Shows hearts and valentines don’t have to be red or pink. Good job and as usual great creativity.

20. Twila Davis says:

What a great set of projects. I think the blue and brown card is my favorite!

21. You showed so many different ways to use one single stamp, thanks for sharing. I love all the projects.

22. sue says:

The cowgirl valentine is my favorite too but the black heart is a very close second. I really enjoy these blog hops you SA people do.

23. Sarah says:

CUTE – especially love that last queen for a day card :-)

Oooo, pretties! These are all so lovely, I think you have convinced me I need this stamp, darn you!

25. Jean Fitch says:

I just knew I was going to want this stamp! Lots of inspiring ideas. Got me thinking too that this stamp would work with the bandana technique that was popular awhile ago. Love the tip about 4-1/4″ square cards and regular envelopes too. Lots of great stuff here to “chew” on! Thanks for making the hop not only fun but practical as well as inspiring.

Hugs and Happy New Year.

26. Cindy E. says:

Awww, man! Another stamp added to my list. I kwym about the vintage, shabby-chic look. I struggle with it, too, because I like things nice and neat. It’s very hard to get that effortlessly thrown together look and make it look GOOD. You nailed it with that Cowgirl Valentine, my dear! (BTW, if you do, apply at StazOn tat, I wanna see pictures!)

27. Joyce says:

Well shucks, I was hoping for a photo of your adorned arm! I’ve always sworn I was a displaced country girl, your boots and lace cowgirl card definitely calls out to me (ok, it screams to me!). Great job showcasing this stamp!

28. Fantastic projects! I love the variety, although I think the queen card is my favorite!

29. Great projects! I especially like the Queen card and the blue valentine card. They are just awesome!

30. Melissa says:

Wow! Great projects, Deb. I have to say that the Cowgirl Valentine card is my favorite!