Wish Big birthday

Debra Burgin Wish Big BdayI’m coming to the end of the autumn birthday season.  This card is for our grandson.  He’ll be fifteen next week, which is just stunning to me.  He was an incredibly … rotund baby.  Had one of those Michelin Man-type bodies, the poor darling.  And white-blond hair that refused to be controlled.  And a very surly temperament.  We love him!

I am nuts for the rick rack on this die cut; someone may be telling me very soon not to use it on every project.  If Stampin’ Up! releases a download with this, I’ll be doing a happy dance for sure!

Stamps:  Word Play (p. 147 — one of my free sets from winning the Art Contest!)

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy

Paper:  Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler

Other:  Tasteful Trim die, 1¾” Circle punch, 2½” Circle punch, More Mustard brad (retired), Stampin’ Dimensionals

This entry was posted in Big Shot, Projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Wish Big birthday

1. sue says:

Love the way the brad is used and really, as a sewing person, I do believe I need the rick-rack die cut! The card is so nicely masculine as well.

2. I, too, love the Tasteful Trim die. I haven’t seen the two shapes layered together like that. Looks very nice : )

Is your 2 1/2″ circle punch working okay? I was going to buy it, but now it’s not available.

Susan
    PS- I got my Word Play free with Stampin’ Start. Gotta love Stampin’ Up! for rewarding their demonstrators!

• Debra says:

Congrats on Stampin’ Start! Yes, SU! is great to work for 🙂

No problems with my big circle punch, I’m happy to report. I use it a lot, but I have also used the Circles #2 die, which has the same size.

Love the story! And you won’t be hearing any complaints about using ANYTHING from the Tasteful Trims die from me….I can’t stop using it myself! Great masculine card!

4. Cindy E. says:

Very cool masculine card (and funny story, too). I’m sure he’d be thrilled to learn his grandma called him a rotund baby on the ‘Net for all to see! 😉

What a great card! I really, really, really need to get that Tasteful Trim die!!

6. Adriana B says:

Great card. It’s really perfect for a boy that age and, to me anyway, that seems to be the hardest group to create for. (*ahem, for whom to create?) Anywho… tfs the card and for showing more ways to use that die. It’s a the top of my list…

7. Cool card! I love how you used the brad too. Perfect for a teenager!

8. Great card. I love that rick rack, too.