Welcome, Holiday Mini hoppers!

Welcome to Stampin’ Addicts‘ latest blog hop — this one featuring brand-new products from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Mini.  I’m stop #8, so perhaps you’ve just seen Sara’s Day of Gratitude projects on her blog, Lily’s Ink Pad.

Wow, this mini is packed with fabulous products! I could have been overwhelmed and unable to decide on the stamp set to feature on this hop, but I’m drawn to anything French so — voila! — here are my creations using French Foliage.

To keep your stop short and sweet, I am omitting recipes for the projects — check back next week for the complete stories!   Click to enlarge the photos, please.

1. I find creating master boards (sheets of all-over stamping) very relaxing and enjoyable.  (Not sure how to stamp randomly?  See this post for help!)  I wanted to avoid the expected fall colors for this Falling Foliage card, so for the card base I chose Bravo Burgundy — a color I have overlooked (perhaps even snubbed) for many years.  Suddenly, with the advent of Stampin’ Up!’s Color Renovation, the color is exciting and fresh to me!  I’ve been using other pieces of this master board on all sorts of cards.
  2. My second card, Faux Postage de Foliage, does use autumnal colors.  What you do not see in the photo is that each leaf was overstamped with Shimmer Paint.  It’s so pretty!  BTW, you’ll find the template for the postage on the Resources page of this blog!
  3. I showed a practice version of this Blocked Foliage card a few weeks ago, when it was the SA Technique Challenge.  The stamped rectangle is simply an inked-up Clear-Mount Block!  The postal cancellation stamp from this set fits perfectly on the Mini Vintage Tag, and the tag’s beautiful cord creates the perfect tie.
  4. Last is a quick, simple project — this Foliage Votive Holder.  The surprise is that it has no bottom; it is constructed from a 3″ x 8¼” piece of card stock.  Without the candle (duh!), it folds flat for mailing!  Either use a tea light in a glass votive holder or a battery-operated tea light.  The soft light shining through the vellum panels is charming!

Thanks for stopping by — I hope you have some new ideas! You’re now on to the next stop on the hop, Love to Stamp and Scrap to enjoy Cheryl’s projects using Seasonal Sentiments.  Bon voyage!

This entry was posted in Blog Hop, Events, Projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Welcome, Holiday Mini hoppers!

1. Dragonquilt says:

I love leaves!

2. Kathleen says:

Love the projects. The colors and layout of the first card is my favorite.

3. Sally says:

Stunning creations… Love the first card. Gorgeous colors.

4. LOVE everything Debra. This set is one of my favorites and you showed some great ideas!!

5. amysings says:

So elegant! Your projects are just gorgeous! I’m in love with the first card and can’t get it out of my head!

6. Your projects are just awesome! Thanks for the wonderful ideas! Especially love the card with the clear mount block stamped background. The simplicity of the design is exquisite!

7. Adriana B says:

Beautiful projects, Debra! Thanks for sharing your idea with the block. It’s great to have another use for tools plus the finished card is so clean and elegant!

8. Kim says:

Well this set is now on my to buy list. Beautiful projects.!

9. Jen Timko says:

Gorgeous! All of them! But I must say that I particularly love the third card…it is stunning!

10. rhondag says:

Gorgeous projects! Way to stamp this set Deb!

11. I love the use of Bravo Burgundy–I also have neglected this color and now am back to using it! Great projects!

12. Deb B (Debadoo) says:

Love all your projects, especially that first card, gorgeous!

13. Beautiful projects! I love all of them and now really want this set!!! 🙂

14. Gorgeous cards and candle holder, very clever. Thanks for sharing.

Gorgeous projects! I love the first card. It is just so beautiful!

16. Anita A says:

Stunning projects! I love the candle.

17. Oh these are all so pretty! You are totally selling me on this set. Great job!

18. Jean Fitch says:

Very elegant projects. And I loved your use of color and simplicity of style. Lots of CASEabiltiy here. Once again I can’t pick a favorite. I love and want them all! Thanks too for sharing the postage template. Looking forward to more details.

19. Cindy E. says:

Deb, every one of these is breathtaking. I am so inspired to ink up one of my French Foliage sets now. (Yes, I accidentally ordered two of ’em – one should never place late night orders and then forget to highlight what was ordered in one’s catalog.)

20. Elaine says:

Beautiful projects, love the first card, such beautiful colors

21. Wendi says:

I think fall is my favorite time of year, and your projects inspire me. Great job and thanks for sharing.

22. Karen says:

I like the earth tones you used to showcase this stamp set. They are just perfect for it. The vellum votive holders would be so pretty as Thanksgiving table decorations. Thank you for sharing these great projects.

23. Tracey says:

Great projects, I love the color combo on the first card. I think I’m gonna have to try it.

24. Sandy (redstampinsam) says:

I can’t say enough about your blog and your beautiful cards featuring French Foliage. I scrolled back thru all 45 pages of your blog — Fantastic! I was definitely experiencing stampers frenzy — great way to spend a Friday evening! Thanks!!!

25. Beautiful job with this stamp set.. love all your samples! Glad you enjoyed my clear block stamping technique!

26. Betty says:

Man I thought I could say “no” to this set but you just proved me wrong!

27. I love the colors on your Falling Foliage card. Can you tell me what ink colors you used on the images? I would love to try this. Stunning!

28. corina says:

You did a great job on the candle votive holder.

29. Rhonda L says:

What beautiful creations! Love the votive holder and the fact that it folds flat!

30. Cookie says:

I absolutely love all of these… I have the set and wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it, until now… thank you for sharing your fantastic creativity

31. Suzette Kaufmann says:

Wow! I love your work. I am already in the process of making the votive candle holder! Thank you for taking the time to share your creations with us.

32. Wow!! These are gorgeous!! I just love the DSP you created on the first card. And I missed the technique challenge use the acrylic blocks. How cool is that?! Great job!

33. Kinda Henry says:

You have My favorite items in this blog hop today! Thank You for sharing!

34. WOW – thanks for the inspiration! Great projects – I need to buy this stamp set now! 🙂

35. Nancy says:

I just love all of the cards you have showen today .

36. Patti C says:

These are terrific projects. I need to visit more often.

Lovely projects. I love leaves and you did an excellent job of showcasing this set! Especially love the cards, but I love them all!

38. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of these cards! The first one, especially is just spectacular! And I was trying to resist buying ANOTHER leaf stamp set…I now think this set is a MUST HAVE! TFS

39. Kristi says:

I love all these projects! In fact, I just had to go purchase this stamp set so that I can make them! Thanks for the inspiration!

40. Pretty, pretty, pretty, Deb! I especailly love the faux postage–thanks for sharing your template so we can try it too!

41. Deb your cards are simply stunning! Thanks for sharing.

42. Carmen says:

Love all your projects! They are all classic and beautiful!!

43. Sarah Wills says:

Oh my gosh – STUNNING 🙂

44. Fabulous projects using this set. I love them all.

45. Trish Cortez says:

I love your creativity! I love them so much I can’t pick a favorite! I do enjoy the choices of colors and how each design compliments your choice. GREAT JOB!!

46. Candace says:

These are all amazing… I love the one sheet wonder you created with the Bravo Burgundy – stunning. And the votive holder and clear block card… well, they are all awesome – I can’t choose a fave! TFS!

47. Pingback: More of the master board | Heartfelt Inkspiration

48. chaper says:

Your cards are just beautiful! Love your color combos-very striking.

49. Pingback: Published! | Heartfelt Inkspiration