Here’s the tutorial for the technique called Emerging Color, as seen in the Stampin’ Addicts New Catalog Mega Hop last week:
- Begin by stamping a card stock panel (in this case, Whisper White) in an all-over, random pattern, as if you’re making a panel for a One Sheet Wonder project. Using different, bright colors will enhance this technique.
- On the prepared panel, stamp a solid stamp in VersaMark ink. (I really should have used the Embossing Buddy on my prepared panel before doing this step!)
- Immediately heat emboss the panel using Stampin’ Emboss Powder in Clear.
- When cool, cover the entire panel with a dark color of ink, using a Brayer to apply it. This will take a lot of application!
- The darker, the better! Allow the card stock panel to dry.
- Carefully but firmly rub the panel with a facial tissue to remove the ink sitting on the embossed area. I’ve done that on the left side, below, and you can tell that the right side has not been cleaned up. The colors will “pop” when you finish this step.
- Complete your project!
Stamps: Friends Never Fade (p. 99), Ornate Blossom (p. 99)
Ink: More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, VersaMark
Paper: Baja Breeze, More Mustard, So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Other: Heat Tool and Stampin’ Emboss Powder (Clear), Brayer, Stampin’ Dimensionals