Welcome, hoppers!

Welcome to Stampin’ Addicts’ latest blog hop — this one featuring brand-new products from the 2010-2011 Stampin’ Up! Idea Book & Catalog. I’m stop #17, so you may have just visited Tinkerin in Ink and enjoyed Tanya’s projects using groovy Funky Four.

Here I’ll present some projects made with one of Stampin’ Up!’s affordable single stamps, Ornate Blossom.  It immediately appealed to me because of (1) its price, (2) the flexibility of techniques and (3) the coordination with another great set, Friends Never Fade.  A good buy!

To keep your stop short and sweet, I am omitting recipes for the projects — check back next week for the complete stories! Click to enlarge the photos, please.

1. I have never mastered the Emerging Color technique, but I knew when I first saw this stamp that I wanted to created an Emerging Blossom card.  Success at last!  I had the floral panel from another project (actually I stamped a larger sheet so I could use it for other things).  I’ll have a tutorial next Tuesday on this technique — come back then (or sooner!).
  2. My second card, Vintage Blossom, also uses the coordinating stamp set as a background. Stamping in a monochromatic scheme is so easy! The technique on the focal panel is Faux Marbling. And, yes, that is the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, woven with the wonderful 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon. Use the Craft Knife to create a slit between the eyelets. Wrapping the end of the ribbon with a piece of transparent tape gives it the stiffness you need to do the weaving easily.
  3. Yet another technique; this is why everyone needs a good, bold, solid image in their stamp collection!  This is Direct to Rubber — ink applied, in this case, with sponge daubers.  Because the ink is drying during the process, you need to breathe on the stamp to moisten the ink or mist lightly with water (which is what I did here).  The effect is never the same twice.  I used this card for a shoebox swap at Convention, and my stamp campers will probably see it again.  It may look like there’s a big shadow at lower right, but that is a mat die cut from Not Quite Navy!
  4. And finally, in the category of Most Difficult Item I’ve Ever Photographed, is this Ornate Plate.   It’s nothing more than a $1 glass plate stamped on the back in VersaMark and embossed in Iridescent Ice embossing powder and, yes, it’s easy — this was my first attempt!

I enjoyed having you with me — I hope you were inspired! You’re now on to the next stop on the hop, Love to Stamp and Scrap to enjoy Cheryl’s projects using the set I snuck into my own projects here, Friends Never Fade.

This entry was posted in Events, Projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Welcome, hoppers!

Wow! I don’t know which project I like best, they are all fabulous! I love how you wove the ribbon on the second card. The emerging colors is gorgeous. And the plate is spectacular!

2. What gorgeous projects! I have this stamp and I haven’t used it yet, because I wasn’t sure what to do with it. Now I have plenty of beautiful things to CASE!! I love how you wove the ribbon through the Dotted Scallop Border. Fun technique!! Great job!

3. Wow! Did I say WOW???!!!??? Great projects! No, they’re AWESOME!!! Love them all!

4. Adriana B says:

Gorgeous! Esp love the 2nd one with the woven ribbon – beautiful!

5. Love them all—the vintage brad and the woven ribbon on the yellow one, the sponging on the green one, and the plate- oh my!

6. Jen Guarino says:

Wow! Gorgeous projects!! I love the yellow card and the plate is simply elegant!

7. JKButler says:

Can hardly wait for the emerging technique tutorial. Great ideas.

8. Debadoo says:

Wow, fabulous projects!! Love how you wove the ribbon through the punch. Everything is great. I didn’t really like this in the catty, but now it’s growing on me.
    Deb B.

9. Wowzer! I love your projects!! I really love your first card!! Awesome how that looks!! I so gotta try that! Loved all of them, hehe glad I have this stamp.

10. Jen Timko says:

What wonderful projects! I love the woven ribbon idea…brilliant! The plate is so cool!

11. I don’t know where to begin except I love them all. They were awesome projects and I just found a new stamp I must add to my wish list. Loved the woven ribbon, I have another punch that I use sometime, but this will used alot. Your idea on the plate is fantastic and I will try that one. Thanks for sharing. You rock!!

12. Heidi says:

I love that you including all types of techniques. Awesome! You’ll have to explain the faux marbling. I’m not getting it. Is it just on the stamped main image?

13. Heidi says:

P.S. Genius idea to thread the ribbon on project #2!

14. Barbra says:

such lovely projects. Have never tried the emerging color technique but I think I should after seeing yours.

15. Cindy E. says:

WOW! Superb use of this stamp, and may I add, what a stroke of genius to thread the 1/8″ taffeta ribbon through the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border! Amazingly creative!!!

16. You are hilarious with your comment about, “Most Difficult Item I’ve Ever Photographed”, but it looks so cute! And #3 is definitely a workshop WOW! Great projects!

17. Dawnmarie says:

I love the plate! How creative! TFS!

18. Barbara says:

I love all your projects using this set, it is hard to choose a favorite. I really like the way you threaded the ribbon on the second one and the technique used on the third one. Great job!

19. Emily Braund says:

Your cards and projects are wonderful !!!!!! I absolutely love all of them but the emerging color and plate def. get my top vote!

20. Lisa N says:

Great Job! All of your projects are beautiful.

21. Brenda H says:

ALL your projects are great. Loved how you did the ribbon — I would never have thought of that technique. I absolutely love the plate you did — what a great idea! TFS

22. Elaine says:

Wow, never even noticed that stamp in the catty, really nice projects. Love the ribbon in the second card, great idea.

23. Wendi says:

Awesome projects! I liked the stamp when I saw it, but your projects are all so different and so elegant! I’m sure now that I MUST have this stamp. Thanks so much for sharing.

Your projects are all wonderful! I wouldn’t have thought to use this stamp for the emerging colors technique, but it is perfect! Love the ribbon and the plate too!

25. sue says:

I love the emerging color example and also how the scalloped Not Quite Navy makes a shadow on the Direct to Rubber example. Fabulous work, as usual!! 🙂

26. Wow Debra!!! I love your creativity and the use of various techniques on all of your projects! They are gorgeous! And what a brilliant idea to weave ribbon through the punched border.

27. Anna says:

My first reaction to the dotted scallop ribbon punch card was Shut Up! I love that you threaded the ribbon through there, genius! And I love your third card beautiful!

28. You really outdid yourself Debra! Your projects are breathtakingly beautiful!

29. Kim says:

I love all the techniques you did with this set. The first card is awesome!

30. Sarah Wills says:

WOW – I love them all 🙂

31. Sally E says:

My fav is the blue/green. I think I need to see the 1st one in person.

32. Cheryl says:

Debra, your projects are AWESOME! Emerging color is a neat technique. My favorites are the middle two. I wasn’t going to get that border punch right away, but it’ll be on my next order because of how you used it here! Great job!

33. rhondag says:

WOW! Great projects! I especially love the ribbon through the border!! I will have to CASE that for sure!

34. Heather says:

What a great idea with the plate! It looks so nice!

35. Debra, you cards are so pretty–love how you threaded the ribbon throught the punched trim! And that embossed plate. . . . so clever!

36. lovely projects! love your blog, so crisp and clean looking, sweet cards!

37. Wow! I love all of your projects! I can’t even choose a favorite. 🙂

38. Melissa says:

Wow, Debra! Your projects are all so beautiful! Great use of the stamp!

39. Valerie K says:

Love the direct to rubber technique and the colors you used. It looks darling. And I learned a new technique! COOL!! I gotta try that with my ornate blossom stamp too!