It took me a few trips through the new catalog before I realized that Garden Greetings was missing. I checked the Last Chance list; not there, either. Sure enough, when Stampin’ Up! published the Dormant List, there it was, along with a bunch of others that I really hadn’t been looking for.
What does it mean when Stampin’ Up! flags a product as “dormant”? It means that the product is still available, but it’s just not in a catalog or mini catalog. We’ve seen some products reappear in a catalog after having been dormant, so you never know. You’ll find the Dormant List on my Resources page, or here.
This card should look familiar; it’s the same sketch as the card I posted Friday. I wanted to experiment with a technique new to me, called Embossed Re-inker Spread. A demonstrator named Crystal French seems to be the one who invented it. It’s pretty simple:
- On a plastic palette, drop complementary re-inkers.
- On Shimmery White card stock, stamp an image with open spaces.
- Heat emboss with powder.
- Spray water on the card stock so that puddles form.
- Use an Aqua Painter to pick up a tiny bit of the lightest color re-inker.
- Touch the tip of the Aqua Painter to one of the puddles. Note the spread of color, contained by the “wall” of embossing.
- Wipe the color off the Aqua Painter tip.
- Continue adding color.
- Allow to dry (at least 15 minutes!) before adhering it to your project.
This technique would be more impressive if I had a stamp with larger open areas. You’ll see it used with the big rose from Fifth Avenue Floral.
I sent this to the friends who came for supper the other night (all the way from the Minneapolis area!). A lively discussion arose as to when we had last seen them, on a meandering trip we made up the Mississippi. DH was able to determine that it was a shocking nine years ago, so I thought I’d drop them a line with the information so they could sleep at night!
Stamps: Garden Greetings, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black, various re-inkers
Paper: Cameo Coral, Shimmery White, Ruby Red, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal
Other: Stampin’ Emboss Powder (Black) and Heat Tool, Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (Little Dots), Vintage Brad (Black), 1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon (Basic Black)