Hooray, hooray, the brand-spankin’-new Stampin’ Up! Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog is finally here! It’s pretty, exciting, and inspiring! All of you who are club members or who pre-ordered the catalog have it in your hands — but realize that it is always available online in pdf format.
Here’s what’s new:
- New Style Watch collections: Manhattan, Retro Fresh, and Sweet Bella (familiar name, new palette). This is a great place to start when you need a new color challenge.
- Free hostess sets that are fab! Once again SU! is offering a 6″x6″ Pattern Pack of paper.
- Wonderful new stamp sets in a variety of styles, including whimsical, masculine, retro, collage, and classic.
- Specialty textured papers and card stock-weight gloss designs.
- Accessories — new ribbon, wonderful Designer Series Paper and Simply Scrappin’ kits, new buttons and hardware, and amazing new glitter.
- A new circle cutting system that I need to see in person.
- Decor Elements — finally in the catalog, but what you see is a very small sampling. See everything HERE.
- Big Shot products
- Dies that are clear, so you can see what you’re cutting
- Bigz dies in lots of great shapes
- An exclusive alpha strip die
- Embosslit dies that dry emboss an image and trim it
- Texturz plates (an amazing value) replacing the background stamps
- Single stamps, not in sets, for under $10 — sentiments you always need! See page 208.
- Project recipes! At least, they’re not at the back of the catalog, where we’ve been used to checking what goes into each project. Instead, Stampin’ Up! has made all the recipes available online in pdf format — I have it available for you HERE. The 23-page “Stampin’ Supplies” list is now complete with thumbnail images so you are sure you’re looking at the right recipe. I printed mine, back to back, and trimmed the sides so it fits in the pocket I bound in the back of the catalog. This means I can look at it without flipping back and forth. If you access it through your computer, you can search for a key word (like a specific stamp or accessory) to find the samples in the catalog that use it!
- Some favorite stamp sets, including background stamps like Polka Dot and instant classics like Inspired By Nature. These are not completely gone, just omitted from the current catalog (you’ll notice that many seasonal sets are missing, also). You’ll find the “dormant list” HERE. Likewise, previously dormant sets have reappeared, such as Blooming With Love and Just B.
OK, off to finish my wish list for my first order … gotta get it in today!